Make A Complaint

We try to provide the best possible service to our patients and will always welcome your views or suggestions for further improvements.

We realise that there may be occasions when our service to you falls short of our customary standard. If you have a complaint or concern about the service you have received from the doctors or any of the staff working at the Practice, please let us know.

How to complain

We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned. We are happy for you to speak to the Practice Manager in person or by phone at the time. If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible ideally within a matter of days or, at most, a few weeks because this will enable us to establish what happened more easily. If it is not possible to do that, please let us have details of your complaint within twelve months of the incident that caused the problem or within twelve months of discovering that you have a problem. Beyond this timescale it is at the Practice’s discretion whether to investigate the matter. 

Complaints should be addressed to Mrs Kate Le Brun, Practice Manager, or any of the doctors. Alternatively, you may ask for an appointment with Mrs Le Brun in order to discuss your concerns. She will explain the complaints procedure to you and will make sure that your concerns are dealt with promptly. It will be a great help if you are as specific as possible about your complaint. 

However, if you feel unable to complain to us directly, you may contact Staffordshire and Stoke on Trent Integrated Care Board:
Telephone: 0808 196 8861
Email: [email protected]
Post: New Beacon Building, Stafford Education and Enterprise Park, Weston Road, Stafford, ST18 OBF

What the practice will do

We will acknowledge your complaint not later than three working days after the day on which we receive it and we will offer to discuss with you the manner in which the complaint is to be handled and the timescales within which we will respond to the complaint.

When we look into your complaint we shall aim to:

  • Find out what happened and what went wrong
  • Make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would like this
  • Make sure you receive an apology, where this is appropriate
  • Identify what we can do to make sure the problem doesn’t happen again

Complaining on behalf of someone else

Please note that we keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have their permission to do so. A note signed by the person concerned will be needed, unless they are incapable due to physical incapacity or lack of capacity within the meaning of the Mental Capacity Act 2005.

What if I am unhappy with the way in which the Practice has handled my complaint?

You can ask the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman to consider it further:

Telephone Helpline: 0345 015 4033

Address: Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman, City Gate, 47-51 Mosley Street, Manchester M2 3HQ

Useful Contact Details

Healthwatch Staffordshire:
Telephone: 0800 051 8371
Email: mailto:[email protected]